A nutritional powerhouse that’s rich in good fats, Carley’s Hemp Seed Butter is an excellent source of vegan protein – a great addition to your pre or post training snack!
Unlike the incomplete protein found in most plant sources, hemp seed has a complete profile of essential amino acids, making it an excellent alternative for vegetarians or those suffering from dairy, soya or peanut allergies. With a distinctively nutty flavour similar to sunflower seeds or pine nuts, hemp seed butter can be easily added to a variety of sweet and savoury dishes.
A complete vegan protein source that’s rich in both Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, fibre and magnesium, research suggests that hemp seed is effective for:
• Building and repairing lean muscle after exercise
• Supporting cardiovascular health
• Shiny hair and healthy skin
• Fighting free radicals and delaying the ageing process
• Balancing hormonal levels
• Spread on oatcakes or apple slices for an energising pre-workout snack
• Add to your post-workout protein shake
• Use in salad dressings, dips, sauces and marinades
Gluten Free • Dairy Free • Vegan • Paleo
Carley’s Hemp Seed Butter is available in the café at Lomax Chelsea for £5.99 per jar.