A healthy treat created especially for Easter, Grill Market General Manager, Pip Maples, shares a recipe for some delicious chocolate truffles.
Not only are these nutrient-dense beauties deliciously decadent and totally good for you, they’re also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. We suggest making a double batch – one to give away as gifts and one for the fridge!
18 medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes then drained)
1/2 cup of pecan nuts
3/4 cup of ground almonds
1 cup of raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
Extra cacao or desiccated coconut for rolling
• Place the pecan nuts, ground almonds and cacao powder in a food processor or blender and mix until finely ground
• Add the dates, vanilla extract and salt
• Mix again to form a doughy base
• Roll the dough into small balls and dust in your favourite topping – I recommend cacao powder or desiccated coconut!
• Place the truffles on a flat tray and freeze for one hour to set
If you don’t want to eat them immediately, store in the fridge or freezer. Soaking the dates and freezing the truffles aside this takes around 15 minutes to put together.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and have fun making it!
Show us your own truffle creations on Instagram using the hashtag #LomaxTruffleShuffle!